OnChange action for dropdown presentations

Andrea Russo

Jan 11, 2010, 12:30:02 PM1/11/10
to webl...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm trying to add to the dropdown presentation the possibility to modify
the state of other fields on the same view, because I need to change
some dropdown selectable value list on the base of another dropdown
selected value.

I started to modify the sources of weblocks itself, in the hope to offer
something useful to the community but now I'm stuck with some lame
half-implementation.

I don't have a good understanding of the weblocks "internals", so,
before I continue wasting my time applying lame changes to weblocks, I
would like to have some suggestions from the wise members of the
community on how to proceed.

Just to give an idea of my approach I attached here my unfinished
changes.

I would like to know if there is a better approach (or more general,
since this functionality may be needed for almost all type of
presentation) or if I should continue the way I have chosen, and, in
this case, I'd like to have some suggestions on how to proceed :-)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Andrea.

--
Reclama i tuoi diritti digitali, elimina il DRM. Approfondisci su
http://www.no1984.org

dropdown-on-change.diff

nunb

Jan 11, 2010, 10:04:21 PM1/11/10
to weblocks
Writing a slightly longer response, but one hurdle in using dropdowns
(standard weblocks dropdowns, rather) is that it uses a form, and
forms cannot be embedded inside other forms... my solution (more in
followup post) to this problem (dynamically adding fields) therefore
had to use javascript.

Also, iirc Harag was adding various html events (onchange, onblur etc)
to the standard render-input-field ... this may be useful to your
purpose.

> Reclama i tuoi diritti digitali, elimina il DRM.  Approfondisci suhttp://www.no1984.org

> Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM.  Learn more athttp://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm
>

>  dropdown-on-change.diff
> 4KViewDownload

Andrea Russo

Jan 12, 2010, 9:28:12 AM1/12/10
to webl...@googlegroups.com
Hi nunb!

nunb <nandan....@gmail.com> writes:

> Writing a slightly longer response, but one hurdle in using dropdowns
> (standard weblocks dropdowns, rather) is that it uses a form, and
> forms cannot be embedded inside other forms... my solution (more in
> followup post) to this problem (dynamically adding fields) therefore
> had to use javascript.

Thank you for this reply! Eagerly waiting for the longer one ;-)

> Also, iirc Harag was adding various html events (onchange, onblur etc)
> to the standard render-input-field ... this may be useful to your
> purpose.

I didn't know about this work by Harag, very interesting.

Are these changes considered for inclusion in the main repository?

Thank you again and best regards,